NCAIR 2014 Conference
“Defining and Refining IR”
Embassy Suites Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord Golf Resort & Spa
March 24-26, 2014
It’s hard to believe, but our 2014 conference is just a couple of months away! The schedule is coming together nicely with excellent sessions and speakers. I would like to thank all who will share their professional expertise by presenting. However, we still have a few slots available for proposals. Submit yours today!
Our Conference registration is $150, which includes several meals. Be aware of the early bird registration deadline of February 24. You may also download and complete registration at the 2014 NCAIR Conference web page.
I encourage you to book your rooms at the Embassy Suites Charlotte-Concord Golf Resort & Spa if you have not done so already. You have until February 26th to get the group rate of $144. The phone number is: 704-455-8200. Please be sure to reference the group code “AIR” to receive the conference rate. You may see pictures of the facility and learn more about it by visiting the hotel website.
Please be reminded of the NCAIR Travel Grant that might help you to attend this year’s conference. Please complete the Travel Grant Application form to be considered for the NCAIR Travel Grant. Another wonderful opportunity for presenters is the NCAIR Best Paper Award. Anyone who presents a paper session and would like to submit their paper for consideration should bring the paper to the conference for judging. The winner will receive funds from NCAIR to present the paper at SAIR or AIR.
I look forward to seeing you at the conference!
NCAIR 2014 Program Chair
Monday Evening Keynote Event: A panel of leaders in higher education will discuss the status of competency-based learning and ways it will impact how we do business and how we assess progress.
Panelist Members will include:
Dr. Michael S. Johnson, Senior Vice President
and Chief of Staff SACSCOC
Dr. R. Scott Ralls, President
NC Community College System
Photo Not Available
at Release of Newsletter
Dr. Katharine Stewart, Associate Vice President
Learning Strategies, UNC-General Administration
Dr. A. Hope Williams, President
NC Independent Colleges and Universities
Tuesday Luncheon Speaker
Dr. Philip L. Dubois, Chancellor
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Preliminary Concurrent Sessions:
- The University of North Carolina Evaluation of E-Learning Across the System
- NSSE Benchmarks and Student Outcomes at a Minority Serving Institution
- SACSCOC Reaffirmation: Organizing for Success
- IR Perspectives on Developing North Carolina’s P20W Longitudinal Data System
- How Tableau Brought our Fact Book into the 21st Century
- 2 ∞&ä
- IPEDS Update
- AIR IPEDS Preconference Workshops
- Create your online institutional Fact Book using SAS Software
- Closing the Loop: Using Program Reviews to Integrate Assessment and Strategic Planning
- The Predicting Freshman Enrollment Using Logistic Regression — A Pilot Study
- Statistical Study of Possible Factors Affecting Student Course Performance
- More Workshops to Come
- NCAIR Conference Webpage
- Hotel Website
- Submit a Proposal
- View Travel Grant Policies
- Request a Travel Grant
- Register for the Conference