AIR/NCAIR Co-hosted IPEDS Workshop
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and the North Carolina Association for Institutional Research (NCAIR) are co-hosting a one-day IPEDS Workshop for IPEDS Keyholders* in conjunction with the 2014 NCAIR Conference. Financial support for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
*Note: This Workshop curriculum is intended for both officially designated IPEDS Keyholders as well as individuals that serve in a secondary (proxy Keyholder) role assisting the official IPEDS Keyholder in the data collection/entry process.
IPEDS Workshop Highlights
- Scheduled in conjunction with the 2014 NCAIR Conference
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on March 24, 2014 at the Embassy Suites Charlotte – Concord Golf Resort and Spa
- Six hours of instruction (demonstrations, discussions, PowerPoint presentations, and hands-on computer based training exercises) divided into two 3 hour segments
- Provided at no charge to participants
Workshop Content Description
The Best Practices for Reporting and Using IPEDS Data to Improve Office Efficiencies Workshop is designed for individuals who lead the IPEDS data submission cycle on their campus and have done so for at least one full reporting cycle. Using IPEDS as a focus, participants will:
- Learn IR best practices and technical efficiencies in data management through Excel (e.g., pivot tables, merging data, custom formulas, and filters);
- Examine multiple options for IPEDS submission (manual entry, .csv file upload, and XML); Examine multiple options for IPEDS submission (manual entry, .csv file upload, and XML);
- Learn how to use benchmarking data to address key institutional questions and needs. Learn how to use benchmarking data to address key institutional questions and needs.
Participants should have experience using the IPEDS Data Center to retrieve data and a working knowledge of Excel (e.g., how to create basic formulas and sort data). This workshop will not review IPEDS survey component submission instructions nor cover basic benchmarking concepts (though intermediate topics are covered).
Note: Participants are required to bring a MAC or PC laptop with wireless capability and Microsoft Excel.
IPEDS Workshop Online Registration
This workshop is limited to 45 participants and workshop seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Seat confirmations are delivered via email on a rolling basis approximately 3 business days after an online seat registration is submitted. For additional information and to request a seat, please visit the AIR Workshop Registration Website.
Phone: 850-385-4155 x202