The Association for Institutional Research (AIR) and the North Carolina Association for Institutional Research (NCAIR) are co-hosting a one-day IPEDS Workshop for data providers and users in conjunction with NCAIR’s Conference. Financial support for this workshop is provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Registration Request and Travel Assistance Award Process
This workshop is limited to 40 participants. For additional information and to apply, please visit http://www.airweb.org/ncair2010ipedsws. Workshop participants may request up to $500 to offset the cost of travel.
Registration requests must be received by January 26, 2010.
IPEDS Workshop Highlights
- Workshop scheduled in conjunction with NCAIR’s Conference – March 15, 2010.
- Taught by experienced practitioners from across the country.
- Includes six hours of instruction, workshop materials, breaks, and lunch.
- No tuition charge to participants.
- Travel assistance awards are available.
This workshop is comprised of two modules:
1) IPEDS Data as the Public Face of an Institution- This module raises the level of awareness among higher education professionals about the importance of accuracy and consistency in data reported to IPEDS. Examples of real IPEDS data used in the public domain will be incorporated, enabling participants to understand how IPEDS data are used by governmental and non-governmental entities. This module includes presentations, discussions, exercises and demonstrations utilizing IPEDS data tools and resources. Topics include:
- Data sources (within IPEDS surveys)
- IPEDS lifecycle
- Public and institutional use of IPEDS data
- Data nuances and context for interpreting the data
2) IPEDS Data and Benchmarking: Supporting Decision Making and Institutional Effectiveness- Module 1 introduces the fundamentals of creating benchmarks to measure institutional effectiveness. The module provides an overview of the types of comparison groups that can be constructed using IPEDS data, with examples of appropriate use. Participants will use actual data from the IPEDS surveys, including the IPEDS Data Feedback Report and Executive Peer Tool. Exercises and resources will demonstrate processes to establish key performance indicators and identify variables to refine comparison groups.
Visit http://www.airweb.org/ncair2010ipedsws to start your registration request today.
IPEDS Workshops Team
Association for Institutional Research
1435 East Piedmont Drive, Suite 211
Tallahassee, FL 32308
(850) 385-4155 Ext. 200